Wednesday 10 July 2013

Grill assemble

After my house completed about December 2012, while the developer wait for a Certificate of Fitness. We found some flyers posted to our house including grill flyers. So we estimate that by two months we will get a key.By that time we have decided to search a quotation for our grill. Firstly we call the grill's contractor from the flyers and it was from Beserah and malay man. After makes a short discussion the contractor gives us roughly RM5k. That was for a simple design with white colour and the material is metal. Actually our interest is in wrought iron but it was so expensive and we know we can't afford it. Just because that was our first quotation, I'm totally shocking with the price.

 
Our grill pattern (metal 10 - 3503)

Price comparison
Actually my estimation is about RM3.5k which is very far. So we decide to look for a new quotation to the other shop. That was nearer to my mother in law house, Kuantan Iron Grill beside the famous satay Zul. Actually this shop is in our list and we ask for the quotation. I have made a BQ for them so that's makes easy to them to fill it. By without haven't come to our home they can estimate it easier just in paper. So after some discussion they give us RM7k for metal and RM12k for wrought iron with the simplest design ever...i don't know why the price is so high. I though maybe of the workmanship that makes the price like that.

Kuantan Iron Work

 Variety colour of wrought iron


Just because we didn't satisfied with the price then we search for the new quotation by using an email. I have made a search from google and found Roshdi Enterprise malay company and the worker are MARA students. By looking in his website and I think the workmanship is ok and I'll try  asked for the quotation but the price is almost the same. Hmm then I think maybe the reason is it was the price at Kuantan because my mother's house at JB is around RM3k for the whole house. So my husband told me to make a desicion either we choose Kuantan Iron Work or find the other one.


We take colour no 5 (light gold)

One day after talking with my office mate at the surau and tell them about how expensive the grill price nowday. Suddenly Kak Zam (one of office mate) told me that she make a grill with Elephant. My husband and I decide to go Kak Zam's house by our self to saw the workmanship and we satisfied. Then we go straight away to the company asked for the quotation. After a few days we get back the quotation and the price still same but with added powder coating which is the price is almost RM1.5k, it means cheaper then Kuantan Iron Work. Besides I love the workmanship. Then we made an appointment to make it clear as what we want such as emergency routes and I want my grill is fit to the door and window. After we're clear everything then we made a deposit 30 percent payment and double confirm the size.

  
Pre assemble monitor by my husband

About 3 weeks after, the contractor do the pre assemble grill for sliding and my husband really likes the workmanship. They waited almost 2 months before assemble the grill because we got the key in April 2013. Even though we have a key but we can't start assembling the grill because have to wait until the defect work finish. We don't want our grill broken because of the defect work. But as a human being we can't hardly wait to see our new grill stick with sliding, door and window. Then we made decision and asked them to assemble in early May 2013. For almost two hours my husband and I waiting them to assemble it and we decide to let them alone as we seen they done a great job. Then the day after we decide to proceed the payment but we have been told that there was a problem. Our main door can't close because the handle from the door and grill meet together so we have to wait for some other time for fixing work.

 
The grill coming

 
Sliding door

Window

 
The back door

But now it's over because the grill assembling work is finish already and the most important think my husband and I satisfied with the workmanship with the affordable and reasonable price. You know one thing that makes me happy is the decision we have been made didn't proceed with Kuantan Iron Work for the grill because my neighbour's grill which is done by Kuantan Iron Work is not as good what I though so I have made a conclusion that we did a right decision for our grill.

1 comment: